Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Show Must Go On!

There's a first for everything right? I had my first cupcake delivery disaster...so heart breaking! Let me set the scene....rush hour traffic, cars weaving in and out, me slamming on brakes because of said weaving cars. Never did I think it would be as bad as it was. I asked my daughter to peek in the back and see how the cupcakes were doing. She turned and said, 'Mom, they're all tipped over!' Of course I thought she was kidding...and I said really Kaleigh how many? She looks again and as tears are welling up in her eyes...she says, "all of them". I knew then that she wasn't kidding. So she ever so gently got them from the back (yes while driving but technically we were only going like 5 mph so it doesn't count) and I was speechless! Disaster! Nothing survived!! I placed them in the passenger seat and went to work, again while 'driving'. I saved what I could and pieced backed together the pianos and guitars and music sheets and my 'do re me fa so la ti do's' were a word scramble at this point. Then I made the call to a very understanding old friend. She simply said things happen and that the kids would still love them, and they did!





No comments:

Post a Comment